Demigirl Pride Flag

I’m Demigirl

I’m demigirl.

It took me three decades of my life to fully understand my gender identity, and there’s still a lot that I don’t understand.

But that’s fine. That’s life.

To help other people understand something they may not even know about, and especially if they’re still finding themselves (just like when I didn’t know about it), I hope this page does a little more than explain something about me.

What Is a Demigirl?

With the obvious person to person variation, a demigirl is a person who identifies 70-80% as a woman and the remaining 20% as something else.

This something else may be a man or a non-binary gender.

When that 20% fluctuates between man and non-binary, you may safely call that genderfluid.

(I define myself as demigirl genderfluid, but in the day to day life, if someone asks, I only say demi or demifluid unless they need more context.)

What Is It Like to Be a Demigirl?

Heh, good question!

Most of the time I’m a woman, and if I had to choose any of my genders, I’d say woman, because that’s what I feel like most of the day.

Pronouns, please?

I use feminine pronouns.

I like neutral pronouns like they/them, too, but I’d rather stick to feminine to avoid confusion (even in MY brain, not only the other person’s.)

After taking some time to think about the matter, I decided to create my own pronoun system – that only applies to me, however, so please ask other people if they use it as well or if they go with other pronouns, because it’s very personal.

I understand your struggle and stress with calling people with varying pronouns; it’s okay; just try with all your heart.

Nobody will eat your head for making honest mistakes, especially at the end of the day when you’re tired. 😉

So, what’s Lia’s system?

It’s simple:

I decided to attach my pronouns to my body (female) instead of my gender identity, using the body as a the root of the word and the gender as a suffix.

In practice:

If I’m perceiving myself as a woman, I’ll be a she-woman.

If I’m perceiving myself as a man, I’ll be she-man (to NOT confuse with He-Man and She-Ra 😛 Those are cool cartoon characters!)

Finally, if I’m perceiving myself as a gender-neutral/non-binary human, I’ll be a she-neutral or a she-not (the ‘not’ is to say non-binary).

Creative, I guess? But it simplifies things for me, since I honestly get confused with alternating pronouns.

Often I tend to misgender people in my mind because I tend to attach the pronouns to the body instead of the mind/soul, so I fixed it for myself, presto!

(For other people, I still do my best to use their preferred pronouns, but having mental issues on top of everything, please forgive me – and let me know if it happens and I don’t realize – if sometimes it slips and I attach the pronoun to the body. It’s not deliberate.)

Thanks for reading this (important) page on my site!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The following GDPR rules must be read and accepted:
This form collects your name and content so that I can keep track of the comments placed on the website. However, your email is only stored temporarily and changed to comments@liadospetti.com within 24 hours from approval. PLEASE use a pseudonym if you don't wish to be recognized in comments. I'm PRO anonymity! For more info check our privacy policy where you will get more info on where, how and why we store your data.

Skip to content